Monday, March 30, 2009

A 'first' in life!!!

hey guys...

for the past few days i have been thinking about what to to write  next, but couldn't get anything interesting...i actually wanted to post some interesting incidents from my life...

today was the second ever purposeful visit of mine to a bank..honestly, i never had been to a bank before in my life..at least not for my own need..

My last visit, alone , to a nationalised bank was for obtaining a form for an entrance exam...and i managed quite well...but today i had to get demand drafts for some other exams..and i didn't even know wat purpose DD served :D..

so i dragged along with me my Mother despite her being busy at work..its election time and they have already made her work overtime.When i was filling up the form, my mother got a call from office demanding her immediate presence there for some squad work or some other rubbish i didn't understand and i didn't want to..i was really hurt that i shouted at her for not spending enough time for me..so finally she convinced me that 'this is important , I'll have to face questions from the 'top' if i don't leave now ' and all...so i finally said OK.

But she actually wanted to be with me, i know that she did...before leaving she left my filled in application on the hands of a colleague of hers whom we saw there telling him 'my daughter doesn't know anything about bank procedures so please submit(i even donno if its called 'submitting' )this DD application of her along with yours and please don't leave until she's done ' and so...

so there i was, waiting in a chair watching the long queue shorten slowly...'long' in the sense that i never actually saw a queue in a bank before, especially for DDs..and i lost my patience!!

so i began walking, here to there and back, brushing people as i did and telling 'pls onnu neengo??' to people who i thought won't stand 'excuse me'..

Really, i have met lots of people who stared at me when i said 'excuse me' to push myself forward in a crowd at the bus station or at the road..

 i think there are two reasons for this kind of response
1 . i disturbed  them while they were 'seriously' talking..
OR
2. they will think 'evel ara.. oru Englishu kari vanirikunnu'

I believe most of us, even the educated section of the society think this way...not all of them...but a good percentage do think so..
where were we??
oh yeah...so i was waiting and waiting there..then this colleague of my Amma came to me and said that it will take an hour before i get the DD..i was shocked to hear that i have to wait another hour there, doing nothing..(i was hyperactive as a kid, and i still bear traces) can't even use the phone coz it they requested not to use Mobile phone inside the bank..then an idea struck me...this colleague told me that tan extra amount was charged for promoting the notifications via the bank..so i had to pay Rs.90 more..To my own disgust, i was already 'bankrupt' ;)..i spent all the cash i had at the mobile shop and at the bank...only Rs.25 left to return home!!!to my relief came my mother's call. she advised me to go home and return with the cash..and so i went home and returned some half-an-hour later with enough-and-more cash..and was still waiting for the officer to have pity on me and make the proceedings quick..

it was during the time that i thought about my blog and regretted that  haven't posted anything since the first one..!! what will the readers think about me, aah?? ;) :D

Then it suddenly struck me...why not write about the 10 great stupidities that happened in my life along all these years??
 "that will be interesting..." i thought
but the hard part is to recollect them and choose the best 10...
hmm i know its going to be really difficult...but I'm gonna do it...

"Friends, readers and Manglish men/women, I'll never let you feel disappointed...
publishing soon, in soft copies 

"ende jeevithatilea 10 valiya abbadhangal"

booking open from 1st April 2009..limited copies.HURRY!!!"

1 comment:

  1. lol... banking comes at a price baby :).
    But why not use the phone in the bank??? I always used phone while waiting inside a bank. :)


    :):):)

    Keep Blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete